Learn about the benefits of NASPO membership, how to join, and the various committees and initiatives that members can participate in.
Honorary Membership is an individual membership type available to those who have contributed significantly to the programs and objectives of NASPO.
NASPO recognizes the value honorary member’s experience and service brings to the world of state procurement and how it contributes to the success of public procurement leaders in their states.
Apply Here! _blank
Honorary Members are not eligible to vote or hold office but receive such limited membership benefits as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
Eligibility and Benefits
- Applicants for Honorary Membership must have been an active member of NASPO, through either State Membership or Associate Membership, but no longer be employed in state government.
- Applicants must continue to show a professional interest in state government procurement and NASPO.
- Applicants need to meet other eligibility requirements, standards, and application procedures as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Upon recommendation of the Board of Directors, Honorary Membership may be conferred for a term of five years by majority vote of the Primary Members. At the conclusion of the five-year period, an Honorary Member may either apply for Life Membership, request to extend the current membership for two years (with approval by the Board) or allow the membership to expire.
- Honorary Membership may only be extended for one two-year period with approved application, after which the member must either apply for Life Member status or allow membership to expire.
- Expired Honorary Members have no membership status in NASPO.
Questions About Membership? Get In touch _blank Members of the supplier/vendor community are ineligible for membership but should become a ValuePoint supplier. Contact Us